Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mmmm... Thanksgiving

As we're all aware, the great turkey day feast is tomorrow. Like many other years, I'll be doing just a bit of cooking. Unlike many other years, I won't be the only one doing the cooking and hosting and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that.

Two of my girl friends will be sharing in the whole preparations and responsibilities for the Thanksgiving Feast. Using some of my recipes.

It's not like I'm one of those people who like to hoard recipes and not share them. By all means, let me know what I cook and you like and I'll gladly tell you, show you, write down how it's done. But, in all honesty, I'm afraid their going to screw up my recipes, or worse, out do me!

I'm shallow. Yes, thanks for pointing that out.

Its not like either one of my girl friends can't cook. One of them makes some bitchin' cheese enchiladas while the other makes a stuffed shells meal so delish I often want to make out with her after eating such yumminess.

The thing is, I'm the friend known for the awesome southern cooking and when I don't have complete and total control.... well... I'm just not sure how to handle such things. It gives me that whole fish out of water feeling.

Tomorrow is going to be great, though, even if I'm not in complete and total control. Because tomorrow, I'm only in charge of 4 dishes- instead of my usual 345- and tomorrow, we're not hosting it at my house- which means Jer doesn't have to dust the walls again this year.

I'm not nearly as stressed as previous years which has seemed to thrill Jeremy to no end. Apparently I'm not a very nice person when overly stressed. Instead, I'm just feeling a little empty handed, as if I don't have enough things to do.

To top off that whole not enough things to do, I'm also finished Christmas shopping. Everyone who is getting anything from Jer or myself has been bought for and wrapped with pretty, decorative paper. What in the hell am I supposed to do now?

3 comments:

  1. now you can focus on getting early labor started (since the ob won't do it for you) and then you can focus on planning your move to another state!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, it was an odd Thanksgiving for me too. I entrusted a girlfriend of mine with the meaty portions of dinner and even a desert. I felt pretty useless yesterday. Oh well, at least I was kind enough to host! :)

    But I definitly know how you feel, sometimes I worry about depending on other people for things. I mean, what happens when they mess it up or don't follow through?

    ReplyDelete