Monday, March 10, 2008

You Make Me So Proud

Write notes to your wee one... Take tons of pictures... Don't worry how much your babe is eating.... Talk about some damn good advice!

I started writing notes to Kyra when I began pulling out of my PPD. My first note the day she turned 9 months old, my last note unfinished from last summer. Lisa reminded me I should get back on that train.

I even go through spells with my picture taking. Some days Kyra is probably walking around seeing flashbulbs permanently ingrained into her cornea. Other weeks, not a single picture is taken. Coming from Johnina who has school age girls as well as a sweet little bundle in blue, she should know what it's like to look back and remind yourself what life was like when snapping off all those photos.

Don't worry about how much your baby is eating. Though I didn't always worry about what Kyra ate, we all know once her pediatrician piped up about her not gaining weight, I have had a very difficult time letting go of that worry. Thanks Joelle. You're onto something with that whole "adding to the stress level." Seriously, why do we as mothers like to over stress?

None of this advice was meant for me but it helped me out anyway, and I bet Jennifer appreciates it too. None the less, you guys are a couple of smart Mommies and I thank you for sharing what you know to the newest member to the club.

Now, on to more advice and opinion requests. If your toddler tells your husband she wants to go to gymnastics so she can walk on the balance beam would you a) enroll her in the first tot sized gym class you can find or b) save your money and let her continue to walk on all the curbs and parking bumpers she can find?

Really, This doesn't Seem like A passing fad. What's your call?

***Updated to add:
The parks and zoos are not the only places she does her balance beam act. Sidewalk curbs, parking stops, and any painted line she sees will, too, become a balance beam. She's also doing somersaults all around my house, although, this wasn't part of her request for gymnastics, but I'm still certain we're going to have to fix a hole in the wall because of it. Its not like Kyra is the most graceful thing, she is only 2.

7 comments:

  1. if it's just the balance beam she craves, i say lets go to the park every day (that it's warm enough and not raining) ... but you know me and my cheap-skate ways, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they offer gymnastics classes for 2 year olds!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say enroll her- Kali went through many 'fads' at Kyra's age- and gymnastics is still one she enjoys 10 years later. Plus, the exercise will prove to benefit her years down the road...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey- They offer "mommy and me" gymnastics for children under 3.

    Lisa- I like the idea that the exercise will help her in the long run! And maybe in the short term for naps too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meant to add- how cute is her butterfly shirt? And loving her little(OK, maybe a tad taller than Kyra) friend aspired by Kyra to become a gymnist, too! How stinkin cute!!!

    *GRIN*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, she does seem to be good at it. why not give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, first of all, could she be any cuter? I mean, really!??

    And yes, go for the gymnastics! You know she is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete