Thursday, April 12, 2007

Project Fat- Month 1

As of tomorrow, we're one month into operation Project Fat. Things are going much better today then when we started a month ago.

As for the pediatrician's recommendations of getting her to eat eggs and putting olive oil on her foods, both ideas failed and failed miserably. Kyra won't eat anything drizzled with the oil, and eggs, whether you make them fried, scrambled, boiled or poached, she wants nothing to do with them.

What she has started eating and absolutely loves is olives. Whole, sliced, green or black. She's all about the olive and that pleases me greatly because they are chalk full of healthy fats. The home made chicken fingers TED's Wife suggested... BIG HIT! We have had many of dinners with chicken fingers and olives. I have quickly found out that she'll eat any kind of breaded meat.

What, Jeremy? You want pork chops tonight? Sure, I'll just bread them and throw'em in the oven. Kyra will eat it. No problem.

Heather and I weighed her on a home scale today, total weight gain for month 1 (drum roll please....) 2 pounds! It's not exactly official, since we're not using the same scale she always uses at the pediatrician's office, but I'm gonna take it with no complaints.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the weight-gain (seems weird to be saying that, lol). pretty soon she'll be catching up with Rachel, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is pretty cool. I enjoy reading it.
    I am ex-Navy and totally understand about the seperation thing. Of course, that was a long, LONG time ago.....my wife and I have a soon-to-be-three year old boy that we adore and worship.
    Anyway....I think we may be sort of close to where you are. My wife is new to this area (long story that I'll tell you if you really want to know) but she is DYING to meet some other Mommy's to hang out with. So if you think you might be interested in meeting some new friends, give us a ring....joseph.norman@delta.com

    Hang in there and keep up the good work! You ARE doing the most important thing you'll ever do in your life right now! Raising that sweet little baby! BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete