Monday, September 22, 2008

Little Voice of Reason

So I was on the phone with one of my favorite people in the whole wide world and we got to talking about fast food.

Now I don't eat fast food all that often. In fact, its been months since I've been to a Burger King, Taco Bell, or anything less then a mildly healthy Subway in probably 6ish months unless I was more or less accompanying someone else. Or on vacation.

Anyway, so we were talking about fast food when the conversation of lunch came about and what each of us was making for our wee little ones. I was totally planning on eating at home until the topic of Taco Bell came up and how yummy a chalupa sounded. Or, maybe a veggie burger and coke icee from Burger King. Mmmm.... how my mouth started to water.

My thought process had completely changed by the time I got off the phone. Kyra and I were so going out for something unhealthy for lunch.

But then I passed the idea by Kyra:
Me: Hey, Kyra, do you want Taco Bell or Burger King for lunch?
Kyra: I don't wan'ta go out for lunsh.
Me: But you can go to Taco Bell and get a slurpee (the fruity frozen drink thing) or chicken nuggets at Burger King (seriously, the kid NEVER passes up an opportunity for chicken nuggets)...?
Kyra: No. I wan'ta sanwish at home.

Lunch today consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sliced apples and dried cranberries. With CranApple juice/water mix to drink.

She's like my little voice of reason who, not only saved us some cash, but saved my hips from expanding any further then the Fetus sees necessary. .

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical. If I had Kyra around I wouldn't need Weight Watchers, huh!

    ReplyDelete