Thursday, May 08, 2008

Tumbling Class Without the Tumbling- Take 2

Today I forked over the cash. Every bit of my penny pinching self ached as I signed the check for that large amount of money.

Then the class started. Kyra, again, sat patiently and waited her turn. Silently, somberly watching the other kids run the obstacle courses, clapping with the rest as the other children successfully returned to the silver line and took a seat. When her name was called and the instructor asked if she was ready this look came over her face. Pure excitement. A great, big, wide smile. A glowing about her eyes. A quick and chirping "Yeah!" as she pranced, yes pranced, her way through the obstacle course.

The look on her face alone was worth the price I paid.

We came home. We made a spaghetti lunch. We read 4 books. We put together 4 puzzles, 2 of them three times. And we laid on the couch and fell asleep at 1 in the afternoon without any arguments, tantrums or squeals of objection.

While I only slept an hour because, lets face it, she is her father's child and thus a furnace when sleeping, the point is she slept for 3 1/2 hours.

3 point 5 hours of sleep. In one afternoon.

May God bless the creators of this tumbling class. Anyone or anything that can delight and entertain my kid for one hour, thus making her a happy kid and me a happy mommy is truly deserving of my money. Even if it is a larger amount then I wanted to spend.

3 1/2 hours of an easy nap time is totally worth $113.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, Kyra. I know you took pictures- lady!!

    Glad she got some much needed sleep! They offer infant classes? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, no pictures. You really think I'm going to interrupt class with a flash of a camera? Some of those kids have a hard enough time paying attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear she really enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete