Sunday, December 16, 2007

God Hates Me

Upon waking up for Church this morning and finding 2 more inches of an icy/snow mixture on the ground I was certain services would be cancelled because that's approximately 4 inches of ice/snow mixture that's been driven on and compacted to one thick, solid, sheet of ice on New England's black tops.

Call the base's snow line (because if the base is closed so is church) only to find that no, our local toxic crap hole is not closed. Shit.

Call the head lady in charge of CCD classes to see if we are indeed carrying on with school and, um, yes we are. Double shit.

For those of you who read this last year know that I don't drive in the snow. In fact, I don't even climb into a moving vehicle if there is so much as a slight chance it might snow in my general direction.

Jer takes the babies outside for their morning constitution, inspects the road ways and decides they aren't so bad and we can make it the 1 mile to church. Fuck.

I bow my head and pray to the big guy upstairs to keep me safe and alive so that I may make this torturous 1 mile trip, up and down hills (damn New England), while sitting in the passenger's seat with my hand covering my closed eyes screaming at Jeremy because "it feels like we're driving too fast and if you slide off the road so help you I don't murder you before I hop out of our rolled over vehicle and Kyra and I will just walk to church!"

Need me to elaborate further why I don't get in cars when there is a snow threat within 60 miles of my location?

But we made it, in one piece. Along with 20 other idiots who slid their way into the parking lot.

For the lack of showing in Church, as there may have been 10 students for the entire CCD program (3 of which were mine), classes were canceled.

You mean I risked my life and Jeremy sanity to show up to Church service so I may be present for all 3 of my students who parents decided to attend only to have the whole damned thing cancelled?

Its official. God hates me.

4 comments:

  1. God doesn't hate you. He's displaying his sense of humor. Now he wants you to laugh with him. :-} I know. I know. It still sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe God hates you because you use so many 4-letter words, including the f-word, in a post about church. Geeeez! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making my day and making me realize that I am not the only person who freaks out with things like these.I would not have left the house, to bad church

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sounds like a pass to skip CCD one morning and get donuts instead.

    ReplyDelete