Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Next Martha Stewart

I give you our wonderful kitchen delights. Made from scratch by yours truly.

Here you have two pumpkin pies and some pumpkin-banana muffins.

I've had two pumpkins we had out for Halloween decorations collecting dust and taking up space on our kitchen counter. I decided to get all Martha Stewart and bake up some yummy treats using one of the pumpkins.

The pies are still extremely high in calories. Not that I care what the calorie count is, but I just read in one of my How to be a Good Little Housewife magazines that they are not exactly one of the top raked, good for your waistline desserts.

The muffins, however, are probably a little better. I substituted the 1/2 cup of butter for a 1/2 cup of applesauce and omitted the salt and chocolate chips entirely. I'm sure my hips will thank me later.

Upon asking Jeremy if he'd rather have a wife who can cook or a wife who is nice, he chose a wife that's nice, and by nice I think he meant one who didn't teach their daughter that Daddy gets "scared" (read: annoyed) when you scream in a high pitched voice in a closed and moving car while he is driving, and that Daddy likes to be scared. Often.

Too bad for Jer, I can cook. Maybe in his next life he'll be blessed with a nicer wife.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Sean says he wants to visit and is going to bring Rebecca and use the excuse of you needing a baby fix ... but really he's after the pie, so watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You're way more domestic than me, girlie!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom and I tried that last year - cooking with fresh pumpkins. It was really not worth the effort.

    Plus I read a few weeks ago that canned pumpkin was actually better for you than fresh pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete