Tuesday, November 20, 2007

How I Spend A Lazy Day

My day has been spent cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming the floors, washing and folding laundry and bed linens and taking great care of a mildly cranky, snot nosed child who decided for kicks and giggles today she was going to beat up the dogs with, not only her pint sized metal golf club, but her baby stroller too.

Upon Jeremy coming home from work he thought it would be a wonderful idea to ask Kyra "has Mama had a lazy day today?" Upon inquiring why he would ask such a question he claimed because I was in my PJ's he thought I hadn't done anything. This was long after he walked through the door, took a shower, put on his actual (meant and sold to be) pajamas and still never noticed the work I had done for the day.

I guess according to him, my pajamas consist of sweat pants and a t-shirt.

Apparently I'm supposed to get dressed up in my Sunday best to take care of our child and clean our house?

Then I ask Jeremy if he's seen so-and-so because I haven't seen or heard from his wife in a week. The couple and their daughter, that were coming over for Thanksgiving supper (and bringing 2 side dishes), are out of town on leave until Monday- why do I want to know?

I guess I need to add rolls and pumpkin pie ingredients to my last minute shopping list. Thank God they weren't in charge of the turkey.

Monday. Seriously? Thanks for the heads up, people!

Oh, but there was a highlight to my day. Since Kyra has decided a few weeks ago that if I put her down for a nap promptly at 2pm, she will sleep for two hours with no complaints. Because of that, I've gotten into the habit of watching Oprah at 4. It not only entertains Kyra while she wakes up (as she's not a morning or afternoon person upon rising from a slumber) but it entertains me as well while I make supper.

Anyway, back to the subject, Jeremy was home a bit early today and was watching Oprah Favorite Things and guessing what was under every box. He not only correctly guessed the KitchenAid Mixers, but was absolutely elated he guessed the large box was a refrigerator with a TV built in the door.

Arms thrown in the air, yelling "Yea! I was right! I knew it!" You would have thought he was winning these things for himself.

Yep, certainly the highlight to my lazy day.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, breathe. Breathe deeply and then . . . don't dwell on it. Maybe you could start posting big daily accomplishment lists in obvious places, but I've found that the best way to convince my husband that I've had a busy day is to give him a highlight reel when he walks through the door. Don't sound resentful or exhausted. Just tell him a bit of everything. Then ask how his day went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! Aaron learned rather quickly that after we had Aeralyn? I would only be getting dressed if I actually had to leave the house. Going to the bank doesn't count because I can just go through the drivethrough, so they really don't care if I have on sweat pants.

    I did have an acutal lazy day yesterday because Aeralyn and I were both feeling sick, so we spent almost the entire day curled up in the recliner reading books and eating yogurt and cherrios. The only thing I did was take a shower and unload/reload the dishwasher. No laundry, no cleaning, no nothing. It was so nice, you should try it sometime. And then dare Jeremy to ask if you've had a lazy day.

    ReplyDelete