Friday, November 23, 2007

Another Successful Black Friday

I have survived the feeding frenzy we Americans like to call Black Friday.

Okay, so its not like I ventured out at 4am this morning to be the first cheap dummy at the front doors or Kohls, elbowing my way to a deeply discounted vacuum. Instead I slept in until Jeremy's alarm went off at 6:30, laid in bed until 7:10, and finally ventured to the mall at 9.

The mall was crowded, but not nearly as full as I anticipated. It was ablaze with many small groups of scurrying people. (reminds me of ants doing their busy work around the mounds) Lots of bags in hand, walking quickly from one store to the next to find as many deals as you can before the 11 o'clock door buster deadline ends, while oblivious to those of us with children in tow.

Really, who cares if you walk between and separate me from my child, whose fingers I previously held before you physically pushed between us rather then walk around a mother and toddler. Because of this I'm sure you made it to Sears and got your half priced duvet cover!

I managed to secure a new Christmas Dress for Kyra- originally $45, bought for $22. I love these deals!

Kyra also helped me pick out some Summer Sausage, that was on sale for 25% off, for Jeremy.

And I also did a little talking with Santa and have it on good authority his elves manged to secure Kyra's camera at an awesome price.

I started my Black Friday shopping at 9 and was finished by 11. The most crazy and hectic place I ventured into was, by far, Target. It was not only full to the brim but insane with greedy I need the last 15 dollar, 4 quart crock pot on the shelf! (which I was completely unprepared for after leaving the crowded but not quite crazy mall)

Anyone else go shopping on this day, "the busiest shopping day of the year"? If you did, how did you fare?

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I went. I was one of the crazies at Target getting 2 of the Lexmark all in one printers...holy jeebus. And then we stood in line for AN HOUR AND A HALF. But? We got those damn printers.

    Aaron was the brave one that left at 3am to brave the Best Buy frenzy for us a new desktop. Thank goodness he went because I was not even going to bother going there. I actually got everything I went for yesterday, but I was shopping from 5am to 2pm. I'm pooped!

    LOVE the dress!!! I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I love that dress! She is going to look so adorable in that! I hope to see pics of that soon.

    Paige (Foreigners Among Us)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we hit JCP for some stainless steel knifes my sister had her eyes on but refused to pay full price for. Then her and I headed over to Macy's for an adorable Kenneth Cole Christmas outfit for Hayden and a Christmas eve outfit for McKenzie- both 1/2 off! We started at 4 AM including breakfast I was home by 630 AM just enough for an hour nap- and off to cut down a FL christmas tree!

    LOVE the dress- sure she'll look adorable!

    Tis the Season, Right?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete