Saturday, September 08, 2007

When She's Gotta Go, She Can't

***Now updated.

This evening has been spent listening to Krya cry out in pain "Poooooo-pooooo! Poo-poo Mummy, pooo-poooo!" Tears streaming down her face while she sits on the potty straining. Its starting to really upset me to see her like this.

She became a permanent attachment to my hip as she wouldn't let me put her down. Nor would she let me sit down with her on my lap. No, the only thing to stop the screaming and tears was to remain in constant motion with her on my hip. We remained like this until she fell asleep on my shoulder.

She hasn't managed to do any important business in 2 days. I called my mom and she suggested putting soap up her butt. Um, it's a little more invasive then I feel comfortable with. She also suggested giving her a laxative, I don't currently have any in my house. What I have managed to do is cram half a box of raisins and 6 ounces of warm water down her tiny little throat hoping this might help the situation tomorrow.

Any one else have any advice? Is there such thing as toddler laxatives? Do you think this has come about because she's on a hunger strike? If this doesn't fix itself soon, how long should I wait before calling in reinforcements?

***About 4pm today business was restored to normal working conditions. I don't know if it was the water and raisins from last night, the Corn Syrup in her milk, or the lone prune she ate at lunch that did it for her. Your advice was greatly appreciated as my hair grows in thin and I don't know if pulling any out would have been an attractive look for me.

5 comments:

  1. add a a tablespoon of corn syrup to a glass of water or her soy milk and have her drink it. I have no idea why it works but it does.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little girl! I know they make something to help that, but I'm pretty sure you have to get a prescription. The one and only time Aeralyn has been constipated, I gave her prunes baby food. She LOVES the prunes baby food even as a snack now if she's feeling in the mood to let me feed her. But I don't know if Kyra would be open to eating baby food. Also apple juice works great, especially if you warm it. That's the only advice I have for you now. I hope something works soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I didn't even think about you giving her actual prunes...duh! It may take a little longer than the baby food, but I'm sure it would work. IF she would eat them. I know that the ones that say "Cherry Essence" taste better to me. Also, I think blueberries get the digestive track moving too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy this was resolved! Kira's never had this problem yet (at her current age) but I think that's because she eats so many sultanas (smaller, sweeter version of a raisin) every day.

    Also, if you put half a teaspoon of brown sugar in the warm water, that helps out a lot as well. We had to use this fairly regularly when she was a baby because of the huge problem she had digesting rice cereal and screamed, literally, for 2 days. :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I just noticed this was updated. I'm glad something worked.

    ReplyDelete