Thursday, May 17, 2007

I Love Granma's House

Have I expressed the fact that I love Granma's house enough? Because, I do. I love it with all my heart.

Kyra is sleeping and sleeping well. No, she's not going to bed at her usual 7 o'clock hour but she is getting there before 8:30. Not only is she getting to bed at a relatively decent hour, but she's also waking up at one too! Since we arrived Kyra has yet to climb out of bed before 7:45. I. Am. Thrilled!

Back when I was complaining all the time about her not going to bed while we were in the Bible Belt? It was due to the fact that she was staying up until 9 or 10 o'clock at night and still waking up at 6:30 every morning and still, with out fail, waking me up by screaming bloody murder at least twice every night for some unknown reason.

Neither of us were getting any kind of decent rest, and the chaos and negativity that floated through the air weren't helping things one bit. But everything has changed and for the better. Kyra is going to bed an hour later, sure, but she's sleeping in 2 glorious hours later!

Mom pointed out that everyone wants to go to sleep when they come here, which is true. Maybe it's because she has satellite TV. Everyone knows when you have 300,000 channels there will never be anything good to Watch. Maybe it's because we're surrounded by 10 acres of trees. There's not much to see except the deer wonder through the yard, a squirrel eating the bird seed, or a humming bird drinking the sugar water from the feeders. If you sit in the yard all you hear is the leaves rustling in the wind, the pond fountain rippling, nature taking its course... Doesn't that make you want to close your eyes and take a nice, relaxing rest?

Whatever it is, I love this place and I think it's safe to say Kyra and the Babies love it too.

Ahh... I. Love. Granma's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment