Monday, December 04, 2006

"Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

If any of you knew me really well, you'd know that my most favorite time of the year falls between the months of October through January. I am obsessed with the holiday season. To the point where I begin some of my Christmas shopping ideas in February.

I love when people begin to decorate their houses the weekend after Thanksgiving. It sends butterflies through my stomach and such giddy-ness, that Jeremy compares me to a 5 year old child. I love to go driving around and looking at all the pretty holiday decorations, and the Christmas tree lights shining through the windows. If I weren't so afraid someone would catch me, call me a Peeping Tom, throw my butt in jail, and of course, if Jer would let me, I'd probably walk house to house admiring the decorations from the street, then running up to the window just to sneak a closer peek at their tree inside.

I asked (ok, so I demanded) my friend Heather to show me her Christmas tree. Because she lives in the nice warm South and I live up here in the frozen tundra of the North, I can't just walk to her house and peek through her windows. Or, in her case, I'd probably just knock on her door and ask to look at her tree.

Any-hoo. I thought it only fair that since Heather so kindly posted a picture of her beautiful tree, that I should do the same. Except that we don't have our tree yet. We wanted to get it this weekend, but because Jer had work on Saturday, and I had class on Sunday (yes, class. At the exact same time I also have church. Oh, Toto, I don't think we're in the bible belt anymore), we were not able to go cut our Christmas tree yet. This weekend. Hopefully, weather and Navy permitting. Until then, you all will just have to look at a couple of our trees past.
This was our tree in 2004. It's cute right? Minus my finger being in the picture. I use alternating multi-colored and white lights. (one string of one, one string of the other. You understand, right?) The popcorn string there was made by Jeremy himself. He thought it would be fun and festive. Except, only a quarter of the way through the stringing process he changed his mind, not so much fun after all. He did finish, and it looked great.


This next tree was from last year, 2005. This picture was from Christmas morning, before we dived in and unwrapped the presents. Same patchwork of decorations, minus the popcorn string that I begged Jeremy to do and he refused.

But there you have it, two years worth of my Christmas trees. I'm sure once we get our tree for this year and it's all decorated, I'll post a picture of all its beauty and splendor!

Thank you Heather for posting your tree. It's so pretty! Happy Holidays to the rest of you!

( I guess I should mention that the 1st picture was not taken on Christmas Day, but probably a week before. Santa had not arrived yet, thus the reason why there was no huge presents in front of the tree. The large presents under last years tree were not only for Kyra. As she was only 3 months at the time, one of those presents Santa left for Jeremy. Santa is a generous person if you believe in him!)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful trees! I can't wait to see the one for this year. It's funny the difference in the SIZE of the presents between the two years. That wouldn't have something to do with a special little somebody would it? =)

    And if you're serious, I will send you some pine cones! Don't joke with me lady because you'll be opening a box full straight from Fed-Ex if you're not careful!

    ReplyDelete