Monday, April 18, 2011

I Can't Help What I Think

Minding my own business, driving along the I-75 corridor today.  Girls, playing/fighting/ignoring/pestering/playing in the back seat. 

Ignoring the children and singing along to the radio I continue to notice the over abundance of billboards advertising for Strip Clubs and "Adult Toy Stores."  The thought that creeps into my mind...

I wonder if the tampon was originally invented for the stripper. 

I know.  There's something wrong with me.  Makes you wonder though, huh? 

No?  Just me?  I guess I am a weirdo.  Hmph.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm weird too because not only do I think that's an intriguing question, I actually looked it up. They were first invented by the ancient Egyptians (Wikipedia did not mention anything about ancient Egyptian strippers, though). They were also used in the 1800's as a medical device to stop bleeding from bullet wounds. And the applicator tampon was created in 1929...by a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good, I'm not alone. And that is REALLY interesting information. Hmm.... we'll have to look farther into the Egyptian stripper thing. I bet we're on to something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an intriguing question....

    ReplyDelete