Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Cold That Won't Go Away

These little snot mongrels decided to sling their snot my way.  This evening is the first time in 7 days that I have been able to breathe through my nose.


Kyra's over her cold, for the most part, but she's on week 2 of The Cold That Won't Go Away.  Luckily, if you want to call it that, it hasn't been too bad for her.  Just really drawn out and annoying.

Jeremy seemed to only have been affected for 3 days.  The bastard.  So not fair.

Lydia and I have been hit the worst.  Lydia's been sleeping with me for the better part of a week. I'm not a co-sleeping kind of parent, but she is just so pitiful at 3AM, I don't have the heart to tell her to go back to bed.

She's essentially kicked Jeremy out of bed as he's slept down stairs through this whole thing.  Which might explain how he got over his cold so easily.

 
Last night she, again, slept most of the night in bed with me.  Or, should I say, on me-- as I sat propped up in bed to allow her a little leverage to breathe.  And because last night seemed to be the worst so far, with the added enjoyment of a dry, raspy, hacking cough, she didn't sleep through the night. Which means neither did I.

But tonight I can breathe.  So I'm hoping tonight Lydia will breathe.  And we'll both finally sleep.

I must admit, though, it's been awfully  nice that she's wanted to cuddle with me in the bed at night.  It's certainly not something she likes to do in the day time.

No comments:

Post a Comment