Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One Last Picture

One last picture, I thought, before you turn 2.
A few hours is all I have left, of my baby, of you.
How quickly you've grown.  Much faster then your sister.
Scared that I'll lose one more moment, I take one last picture.
And then freeze...
Because crap, now you're awake. And smiling. And as cheerful as can be. 
Clearly not marred by the interruption in sleep.

I wonder if not going to sleep the night before your birthday is like not going to sleep on Christmas Eve and Santa doesn't come?  If I keep her awake, will she never turn 2?

Maybe I've found that pause button after all.

4 comments:

  1. awww, she can't be that grown up already!

    p.s. let me know if that pause button works so i can try it in a couple months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle- sorry, didn't work. I tried. Back to the drawling board.

    Sarah- Thanks! I think so, too. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 already. That can't be. I remember her turning 1. Let's figure out the way to stop time. I cried this morning packing up clothes for your sister. I wish my baby was still small. I am certainly not ready for him to grow up anymore

    ReplyDelete