Sunday, April 18, 2010

My New Love

I love my new to me Kindle!  I haven't figured out how to download books to it, or search the web, look up a word in it's dictionary or do anything other then select the book I want to read and turn the pages-- but, hey!  THAT WAS TO BE EXPECTED FROM ME, right? 

My lovely and dear husband showed me how to get online ON MY COMPUTER and use the Amazon website to send books directly to the Kindle-- which is something I can do.  Amazon and I are likethis when it comes to browsing and ordering. 

The best part of the whole thing so far.... I found three books. FOR FREE!  Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Emma.  Three movies I love, three books I hope to love even more. 

Books I've managed to finish in the last month include Sarah Palin's Going Rogue and Melissa Gilbert's Prarie Tale.  One book I started reading but couldn't finish thanks to a due date and a request for it after I turned it in was Tim Page's Parallel Play.  One book that was recommended to me but isn't available on Kindle is Bless Me Father, For I Have Kids.  Guess I'll have to see if the library has it.

The Kindle is great and I sure do love it, but it still doesn't replace the good old library.

4 comments:

  1. What a coincidence, I just started using Kindle too! Except mine is an app on my iPhone, so it's small and not quite as cool as the real thing. I'm not a reader so I don't know why I downloaded it, but I also found the Free Books section and downloaded a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the Bless me Father book. got it off bookswap and will get it in the mail to you! enjoy your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey- It's the best! I think my favorite part of the whole thing is that the girls aren't loosing my bookmarks and I have to go searching for my pages. It's the little things that get me!

    Joelle- Yippee!!! The library didn't have it, thought I was going to have to buy it. You don't happen to have Don't Drink the Holy Water, too, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't have that one, but it's on my wish list on paperbackswap :-P

    ReplyDelete