Thursday, June 04, 2009

Cry It Out

It's safe to say, when Kyra decided to sleep through the night at 6 weeks and consistently by 8 weeks, Jer and I knew we were lucky parents. Spoiled was an understatement.

Lydia first slept through the night at 4 weeks and has randomly had spurts of sleeping through the night. The longest being 6 days in a row. But for the last month she's been up at least once and usually twice a night and I'm the only one getting up with her. To put it mildly, I'm exhausted. So exhausted that a few nights ago I had an urge (an urrrge, people, not a fleeting, joking comment to lighten the situation) to shake her and scream WOULD YOU JUST FUCKING SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT ALREADY! and that scared me. Sleep deprivation does some strange shit to a Mama.

Tonight we're going to explore the Cry It Out method. I'm certain it's going to be rough. I have no doubt we'll probably spend more time crying then sleeping (because Lydia is a stubborn little termite like that), but I'm hoping we'll make some kind of progress and tomorrow night might be just a smidgen better.

I'm an optimist, so I think even my bull headed daughter will figure out pretty quickly that if she's in the bed for good, she might as well shut her pretty little mouth. And I'm exhausted, which makes me desperate to try anything.

So I'm going with it. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it, that I hold no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment