Thursday, May 28, 2009

Is She Teething?

I think Lydia is teething. But lets have you tell me what you think.

-she's not red or swollen in her mouth
-she's not drooling anymore then usual
-she's not really biting, either
-she IS a cranky ass baby today
-and clingy. Whoo boy. I think we've regressed to when she was a mere infant again.
-she has a red pee pee, not her bottom, just her pee pee (and, no, I am not mature enough to use the correct terminology)
-she is not pulling at her ears
-she is not snot nosed

Based on that there, I have no other thing to think then then maybe she's teething? But I'm not certain. So I've shoved Tylenol down her throat anyhow and I'm SEVERELY against shoving medicine into my children when there is no proven medical reason.

What do you think is wrong with her? I've been out of this baby loop a few years and frankly, I don't know what to do except let her cry it out, but then it makes it hard for Kyra to hear the television over her sister's screaming.

That's right folks, television! It's ALL TV ALL DAY over here! Between the RAIN still falling from the heavens and the constant screaming from our fallen angel who REFUSES to be put down and if I both put her down AND leave the room, oh, holy hell, I just don't know what else to do with poor Kyra then to reward her with ALL TV ALL DAY!

So, what's wrong with the half pint?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like menopause to me.

    I'm sorry, I know that wasn't helpful at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does she have red/pinky hued cheeks?

    It doesn't sound like teething to me either really, sounds like a possible reaction to something (formula? ugh!) more than anything but that's only based on my girls' reactions when they have an issue with something I've fed them.

    When Nyks started teething, we had red/pink cheeks with an accompanying rash on them, plus an insane nappy rash that was just awful, tons of drool and she was always shoving crap into her mouth.

    Does she have a fever at all? Or feel clammy? She might also possibly have a yeast infection. Kira had one when she was in her month-age though I can't remember which month age she was, I'd have to go look it up. It's apparently pretty common with formula babies. *shrug* We got some anti-fungal cream and it cleared right up. The good thing about YI in babies is it pretty much stays on the outside, rather than the inside as it does with adults. Or so I've been told.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No red cheeks. But thanks for that reminder, I forgot about Kyra having that symptom. No fever, not clammy. It's a total mystery.

    Not a yeast infection... Kyra had plenty of those I have diagnosed friend's children at a glance.

    Oh, dear, God, I hope it's not formula again.

    The tylenol did help afer I gave it to her and you could tell when it wore off several hours later. Other then the possibility of teeth (which I really don't think but can't seem to find of anything else) I have no clue what it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. possibly a UTI if her pee-pee is red? mmmm...not sure, I can Margaret's teeth coming down. Only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree with the urinary tract infection or, if you are feeding her baby food yet, maybe an allergy to something she has eaten. Not much else it could be "down there" other than a yeast infection just getting started. Hope you figure it out soon. Barbara

    ReplyDelete