Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What's That Smell?

I had someone comment today about how I have a spirited toddler and still find time to write about it while she too has a spirited toddler and can't find the time to take a shower some days. With that, I'll give you one of my evening conversations with Jeremy.

Me: Honey, I don't remember the last time I had a shower.
Jer: What do you mean?
Me: Well, today so-and-so called early this morning wanting to hang out. So I shoved some
breakfast down Kyra's throat, got the car seat put back together (the cover had been washed last night), got clothed and we were out the door in no time. No shower was taken....
Yesterday I cleaned the front of the apartment and vacuumed the floors. Then so-and-so called and came over so the girls could play while I conquered the laundry pile. No shower was taken....
Monday, Kyra and I piddled around all morning and when you came home I went out with so-and-so....
That leaves Sunday. Which I think I took a shower before I got ready for church, but I don't really remember. So that means either Saturday night or Sunday morning was my last shower.
Jer: So what you're telling me is you need a shower?
Me: Um, ya. I mean, I was out with the girls today and none of them seemed to notice I was nasty but they could just have been nice because I'm pregnant and hormonal.

Really, I used to be a much cleaner person before I had a child. Kyra has just somehow sucked that little bit of dignity out of me. I may find time to write but that doesn't mean I've had a shower today.

Though, very rarely does it go this long that I haven't bathed. Even I'm completely grossed out by myself and apparently so was Jeremy because he made it first priority when we got home that I took a shower.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be the first to admit- that since McKenzie has creeped into our lives, my showers have been scarce, too!

    I was putting her in her bouncer seat while I showered, recently, she figured out how to flip in it and crawl with it attached to her back(she's strapped in)! She looks like a turtle- you get the point..

    ReplyDelete