Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Next Shopping List Will Include Ear Plugs. For Me.

Know what's fun?

Having to get off the phone with your mother in a rush because your 26 year old husband and 2 year old daughter are in a screaming match over the 2 year old going to bed.

I certainly expect the screaming match from the 2 year old because, well, she's 2 and sometimes that's just how she gets heard.

The 26 year old screaming back at the 2 year old is something I'm not thrilled about. He honestly thinks he can get her to listen and obey by raising his voice an octave above hers.

Apparently the screaming is how he was reprimanded growing up. But then again, so was I. I guess I'm the only one who learned the sole point that gets across when a parent is screaming at you is the ringing in your ears is sometimes a blessing.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly raise my voice at Kyra to get my point across, but I have also never been in a screaming match with my kid.

They don't always converse at the highest volume level possible. I was quite thrilled and excited today when the two of them successfully made brownies from scratch with out a single argument. Not often done with the two of them in our house, which is why I called my mom in the first place... not just to brag about our home made treat, but also to brag that there were no causalities in the making of said dessert.

Jer and Kyra are more in a love/scream relationship with each other. They love one another to absolute pieces but can't resist the urge to push the other until all available buttons have been exhausted and one of them stomps away pouting.

And those are fun times, let me tell you....

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Doesn't he know you can never out argue a girl? LOL! Men. I swear they're all the same, they just live in seperate houses.

    ReplyDelete