Sunday, March 16, 2008

New Milestone (For Kyra and Myself)

Did ya'll know you're the greatest group of people that ever lived? Seriously.

There was not a single friend or family I told in person who actually stopped, listened, and asked me how they could help. Not. One. Person. I got a lot of Well, I've seen her do [whatever] before or I've never noticed and more then all the other comments, There's nothing wrong with her, your pediatrician is blowing smoke from her ass.

You guys were all Why the hell didn't you tell us? which, really, made me come to near tears with every one of your comments. So, thank you. You're words touched my heart. (God forbid) if there is ever a next time, I cross-my-heart promise I won't leave you out of the loop.

Wanna know why today was very awesome? Kyra played pretend with her BFF for hours today. Ow-Errs. Hours. She was pulled around in a wagon- played with their kitchen toys- read books- they put on their shoes, each grabbed a book and proceeded to talk about how they were going to church and then shopping. It was adorable. And a first for Kyra.

She has read books for an hour by herself before, she's played for 15, 20 minutes by herself while building with Lego's but never for hours with someone other then Jer or myself. It was amazing to watch.

And because she was so amazing I finished Kyra's dress today! I was going to take pictures of her and post about that tonight but Kyra decided to somehow climb up the side of the bathtub when I turned my back and get my razor. I was busy talking on the phone with my mom, pacing from the bathroom to the living room, around the coffee table and back to the bathroom. In that short period of time she snatched my razor, rubbed her thumb across the edge and confirmed that her circulation was great. She was tired, she "have a boo boo on my finn-ger", and nothing would stop the pain like a band aid and a good cuddle.

Yep, I'm still in competition for the coveted Mother of the Year Award.

Tomorrow I'll bring you pictures of the finished product. Stay tuned. You'll be impressed.

4 comments:

  1. man, I was all excited about seeing the dress. OH well that just gives me something to look forward to tomorrow. I am glad Kyra is playing with her imaginary friend. I wish i could play with one, but I guess people would laugh at me if I tried to :)
    Oh and give her an extra boo boo kiss from me because I know how bad those razor cuts can be, i did the same thing when i was little!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! Can't wait to see the dress. I wish I were so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where are you!? i've been waiting for a new one!! Hope you had a great Easter!! MIss ya!!

    Linsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well than you should have just taken pictures of her Boo-boo!

    ReplyDelete