Sunday, December 02, 2007

Unattainable Christmas Wish List

Here's is my unattainable Christmas Wish List for this year. Every year I, like millions of others, have a rolling wish list of things I know we're not getting for the holidays but can't help but dream about.

1) 60+ acres of land for sale at a great price. Preferable with old farm house to fix up and maybe a barn and horse stable or two for good measure. But the land by itself would be fabulous too.

2) A fabulous, great paying job for Jeremy that not only allows him to like himself, but also something he enjoys and gets to watch his child grow up. Even though the Navy has great family benefits- i.e. medical, dental, guaranteed roof over head and steady paycheck twice a month- in the 26 months of Kyra's life, he's been home for roughly 11 (give or take a few days). There has to be an upside to the end of his Naval career... maybe some wonderful company could buy out his remaining 4.5 year contract?

3) A big, fat savings account for Kyra with enough money for her to do something important after graduating high school. I don't care if she goes to an Ivy League college, opens her own business or travels the world in search of a life that allows her to make something of herself.

4) Two tickets to my most favorite play in the whole wide world, Chicago. Jer took me to see this play 2 years ago, and with this being our last holiday in New England, within hours of New York City, its probably the last chance we'll be able to see it again. With a continuing car payment and 2nd car insurance policy, money is tighter then previous years.

5) A bag full of never ending $100 bills. Then I could fulfill my own Christmas list as well as many other families who could use a helping hand. Hey, can't ask for a helping hand without being more then willing to pass it along.

Do share... What's on your unattainable wish list?

7 comments:

  1. mine reads very similar to your's ... with the exceptions of changing names to Sean instead of Jeremy and Rachel instead of Kyra, lol. i don't necessarily need the tickets to chicago, but would settle for only the bag of $100's ... then i could take care of the rest, lol. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, oh, and adding a bank account for Rebecca too, not just Rachel .... i'm a bad mommy, i almost forgot i have two daughters now, until i reread my comment. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words "new car" appear on my wish list every year. I'm not sure why Santa continues to skip over that item...I've been good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am not sure I have one. Of course it is ALWAYS more money but I am slowly getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be nice to have our student loans paid off, and I guess I wouldn't mind a newer version of my car, though I'm kind of fond of it as it is. My unattainable for this year specifically is that Seth would be home when baby comes. No such luck. And I wish my parents were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. james home for Christmas...1st one in 3 years that he won't be with us :(

    having fun in texas ... hope to come see you and totally crash at your place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo and a new car :) haha...

    ReplyDelete