Thursday, December 06, 2007

Perfect Evening

Because of this picture, I have had a perfect evening.

You see, I went to make sure Kyra fell asleep under her covers, and if she didn't I was going to tuck her in nice and tight.

What I find is a motionless, soundless body hanging over the side of a bed and did what any normal bodied person would do. I grabbed the camera to snap another picture of one of the strange positions Kyra sleeps in. Except that when the flash went off... because I was taking this picture in the glow of a night light... I noticed her little eyes were open and staring at me.

Jeremy, who at this point is standing behind me, picks her up to put her back under the covers as I take myself back down stairs.

Little do I know Jer follows me back down with Kyra tucked in his arms telling me "Kyra says she wants to go night-night on the couch."

So I've spent my evening with the lights turned off, Gray's Anatomy in the glow of the Christmas tree's lights. My little girl laying quietly under a blanket on the couch, Jeremy reading his book in the rocking chair by a lamp sporting a 15 watt bulb, and me- blogging on the computer while laying on the love seat, legs kicked up over the arm and watching one of the best episodes of Gray's this season.

Yep, I'd say it's been a perfect evening.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound perfect. It's always the little things that make you thankful for what you have.

    ReplyDelete