Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nan-Nee Nan-Nee Ha Ha

**Updated with pictures

It's snowing right this very minute. Kyra is thrilled. She's been asking since it started to fall if we are going to "make noman outside?"

If these weather men actually know their stuff, which sometimes I wonder if I could do their job, by the end of the day we are to have 3-6 inches on the ground.

And the gigantic hill behind our house will become a winter play land as we sled down at insanely dangerous speeds.

For those of you in the throws of summer or the ones living down south in the Bible Belt having record high temperatures, I'd just like to say Nan-nee nan-nee ha ha!


That's Kyra and I. Freezing our behinds off.

The reason the snow looks all pretty and sparkly is because it's covered in a thin sprinkling of freezing rain!

Kyra doesn't care if its freezing rain or snow, it all tastes the same to her.

The one difference she did notice is that it makes the sled move 100 times faster.

She was not amused with this faster speed.

9 comments:

  1. I'm perfectly happy with the 75-80 degree temps down here, thank you very much. Although I am hoping for some snow when Jody and I return to the cabins after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fair! We have cold and rain. In my opinion, if the December sky has the gall to cloud up and let loose precipitation, it should at least make white and fluffy precipitations. On the other hand, given that none of us here know how to drive in snow, it's probably just as well.

    Enjoy your snow for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *pouts* NOT FAIR! I was just outside pulling Aeralyn in her wagon, and I broke a SWEAT! Merry Frickin' Christmas, let's go to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McKenzie was wearing shorts today *rolls eyes* I HATE the Bible belt this time of year! Wish I was up to my neck in ice and snow!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing good with our 65 degree temp!!! Texas is better :) thats all that should be said!!

    Linsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. only 3-6 inches there? :O we have at LEAST a foot already. i will gladly ship somedown your way. it took me over 3 hours to travel a normally 30 minute ride :(

    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. -For those of you who say you like your warm temperatures... you lie. You know you're jealous but you just don't want to admit it. I can see right through your stories!

    Jennifer- I agree with you. Though I think there is absolutly no reason to be this cold with out some snow to play in. To be cold and rain... that's just plain torture!

    Tara- We ended up with about 2 inches of snow and 1 inch of ice... I will gladly take your shipment! Although I enjoy the snow because I can't drive in it so I don't go anywhere, thus I have no reason to take 3 hours to drive home. For all those having to commute in the stuff I feel terrible for- while I'm busy sledding of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's snowing again here, but still not enough to make a snowman (Rachel told her Uncle Jeff that she wants him to make a BLUE snowman, lol), barely enough to play in here and no hills to slide down ... the downfall of living on the plains, i suppose, lol. looks like Jeremy was having fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics! Especially the last one...poor Kyra! Can I come visit? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete