Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Card Carrying Tiara Wearing Drama Queen

I just thought I'd thank you all for your comments on yesterday's post. I showed them to Jeremy and, by gosh, he not only cleaned the kitchen without me having to ask repeatedly but he also played with Kyra for several hours without me having to suggest this crazy notion to him. I'm hoping this isn't just a temporary thing and he actually keeps up being a father and husband and not just a money tree.

Although he did note that most of you aren't in the Navy and don't have to work the same grueling schedule he does.

Wa wa waaaa.

Didn't you know that he is the hardest worker in the entire Navy branch and never gets what he deserves and then has to come home, do the dishes and take care of his kid when all he wants to do is relax and unwind by playing his video games for the rest of the evening?

He's over dramatic like that. I like to tell him he's a card carrying, tiara wearing member of the Drama Queen Club and Kyra is following directly in his "I'm so abused, feel sorry for me" footsteps. (at least Kyra's excuse is that she's 2 and dramatics come with the age appropriate territory)
The thing is, he does work hard on the boat and doesn't always get the recognition he deserves but, honestly, that's life- inside or outside the military. I work hard all day and almost never get the Congratulations, you're doing a fucking fabulous job!

Does that mean he has a viable excuse to come home and check out? Um, no.

How hard is it, really, to come home and relax by entertaining a toddler until supper's ready? And once said toddler is in bed, do the dishes by (wait for it) loading the dishwasher and wiping down the counter tops and table.

He lives a hard life I tell you, and not even a demanding Stay at Home Mother gig could possible compare to how difficult his job is. Don't you feel pity for him now?

Me neither.

4 comments:

  1. Poor poor Jeremy! I'll bet him and Aaron would have a grand ol' time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He voluntarily married you and I'm sure that he was more than willing to help you create a child. Being a grownup comes with responsibilities. I'm sure that if he had to come home to empty house day after day, he would realize how much he enjoys his current lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you're seriously making me want to write up a ranty post on my own hubby now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. not me i just realize how much more i love my husband.

    ReplyDelete