Wednesday, February 07, 2007

F*ck Blackwater

Blackwater. Bet most of you have never heard of these people. Neither had I until tonight. Have you seen this archived video? A little old, I know. What about this story and video from today?

While watching the 6:30 news, I saw a high school friend of mine, Kristal. She was the captain of the cheerleading team with me. She was the sweetest girl I knew, and I could only attribute this to her mother and father, who were also the sweetest people you could have ever met. Her father was part of that group of 4 men who were dragged around the streets of Iraq like rag dolls. This beautiful girl has to stand on Capital Hill and defend her late father and family because Blackwater was ill manned, ill equipped, and could have cared less about these men's lives.

I'm not very political. I support my husband in the Navy. I support our troops. I frown upon Bush and his shoddy administration. But I now have a sever hatred for this Blackwater company.

They claim that these four men, who lost their lives trying to help in Iraq, knew what they were getting into. Some how I doubt when they signed their contract, included in the forewarning was a clause with "oh, and by the way, we're going to send you on such frivolous mission as to pick up kitchen ware in one of the most dangerous cities in Iraq while being ill equipped of protective cars, weapons, armor and men. " Just sign by this "x" please.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I haven't heard of this until now. I feel so sorry for those families that are going through this...poor Kristal! You don't think something like this would ever happen to someone you know, and yet it happened to her father. How horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you posted this information....I have not hear about this until now and would like to know how we can help Kristal? This is so horrible, people need to know about this!

    ReplyDelete