Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Explinations and Updates

In case you were wondering:

1) Kyra put the Vaseline in her own hair. We have a tub of it on her changing table. She's been in trouble many times before for trying to play with it, but she's always been caught just as she puts her hand on the lid. Yesterday she was smart enough to keep jabbering as if she was playing with her toys. Usually, as most people know, you're always listening for when they get quiet, then you know they're up to something naughty. Kyra just jabbered away up to the point she came strolling in to me in the other bedroom. By that time her hair, half her face, and one hand was covered in a thick layer of the stuff. I have pictures, but they won't upload. Something about the file being too big. This picture is from this morning, in which Kyra's hair is still sticking strait up.


2) The turtle is her new favorite stuffed animal because, well, she didn't give two craps about any other stuffed toy. Well, unless you count her ducky. But she only wants it to play with while she's laying in bed. The turtle, however, is carried around everywhere, at all times, and must be had to go to bed with.


3) I mentioned something about putting a video up of Kyra the other day... I've tried and tried to upload it to Photobucket, YouTube, and Vimeo. No such luck with any of them. They all start to download, or at least appear to start, but then they quit, with no explanation. All I can say is that I'm an idiot with this stuff and need step by step instructions. (and yes, I've read the web sites instructions and as far as I can tell, I'm doing everything as they say)

4) Kyra spent an entire day with Jeremy, alone, as I had final exams for my EMT class and ambulance hours to get. I came home once, in between the two, to find that Kyra has lots of new words. That one day alone and since then, Jer has got her to say Bishop, Cricket, Raul, Gayla, Chris, Aya, pretty, squirrel, and various others I can't seem to recall at the moment. She is not, however, learning any words from me.
me: can you say cup? say cup.
Kyra: hahaha!
Jeremy: can you say squirrel?
Kyra: quirl.
Um, excuse me? I believe I'm the one who spends all day with you, repeating word after word, begging you to say something. Daddy gets one day and you're repeating everything he asks of you? So not fair!


2 comments:

  1. LOL @ #4 - It's always the way!! Over here, Daddy can get our Kira to do whatever he wants her to. Not me though - if she doesn't ignore me, she simply laughs at me. He didn't spend 14 hours in labour with you, evil child!!!!

    I love the picture... the dog looks so chilled and relaxed and Kyra looks like she's having the time of her life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really funny! It neverr cease to amaze me what kids learn. She knew to get the stuff and keep talking at the same time. I bet Gayla is so happy to hear Kyra say her name. I still can't get my nephew to say mine. He will call me mom and my sister mommy. He makes it very clear with loud grunts that he is speaking to me with mom! CJ would be so much easier. But I did teach him....daddy butthead! My brother-in-law hates me!

    ReplyDelete