Sunday, November 05, 2006

Stupid People Should Be Banned From Society

That's right. And I mean it too. I can't stand a stupid person! And I'm talking about the people who are stupid by choice, not the ones who don't know better.

What brought this on today was this couple in one of my religious education classes. You see, last week I brought Kyra to class with me because she's been sick. As in snot so thick it clogged her nose, smoker's hack to the point she lost her voice, light fever, loss of appetite, wants to cuddle and sleep all day kind of sick. As miserable as she's been, I didn't want to take her to the nursery and get the rest of the children sick. So I took her to class with me where she quietly fell asleep in my lap within the first 5 minutes.

The Stupid People of the Day award goes to the jacka$$ couple in my class. They have an oh so cute and adorable 4 month old little boy. They walk into class with him today, and immediately inform me that thanks to me their precious boy has a snotty nose, and now he's too sick to go to the nursery. He's not, however, too sick to rattle toys at, coo at and otherwise not so quietly play with in class.

You see this kid might have had a snotty nose, I don't know. They never once wiped slimy boogers from his face and I didn't walk over to actually inspect him. But someone needs to inform them that between the months of October through March, every living breathing human being will, at some point in time, have a snot nose. This in no way shape or form qualifies a person to be "sick". Kyra and Rachel were both playing very happily in the nursery with snot running down their face. I think the 4 month old should have been with the rest of the children too, instead of distracting me from my studies.

Had I wanted to see their oh so cute little boy, I could have easily skipped class and played with him and the rest of the cootie infested cuties in the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment