Monday, August 20, 2012

Midnight Ramblings

I can't seem to find sleep tonight.  Probably has something to do with the three hour nap I took earlier today.  But what do I know?

Some things on my mind, because I know you're dying to know.

T-minus one week until Ruby Elisabeth gets evicted.  Today is THE. DAY. its been decided I'm over this shit.  She needs to get out.  I would very much appreciate my body back.  And the full ability to breathe.  Including when I'm trying to bend over to reach.... anything.  It's highly inconvenient, this inability to breathe from time to time.

On the plus side, I think everything is set and ready for the big day.  A few minor preparations here and there.  Like making and freezing three full days worth of meals for the girls while I'm otherwise confined to hospital grounds.  The less I have to worry about while I'm per-occupied, the better.

We also have less than one month until Kyra's birthday and I'm a little bit spastic about what to get for her.  What she wants is a bow and arrow set.  A real one, not that suction cup shit. 

Thank you Brave for planting this in her head.

Before she requested that,  Jer and I were thinking about getting her a scooter or roller skates.  Except with all these options, she has to be supervised.  And with a new baby and a husband deploying in the very near future... when the hell am I supposed to supervise her while she attempts to kill herself?  

Lets face it, a real bow and arrow... Death trap.

A scooter or roller skates for a vertically challenged, grace lacking child.... Death trap.

So Jer and I are trying to move on to plan D, a radio she can use with a hand-me-down I-Pod.  Not nearly as exciting or fun, but she will neither kill herself in the act of jamming out in her bedroom nor will she need to be supervised by a sleepless mother and deployed father. 

Hmm.  We'll see.  She'll get something.  I'm just not sure what.

You know what *I* want?  A new pair of slippers. 

How odd is that?  Wonder if it's some kind of freakish pregnancy craving.  Who knows.  There is nothing normal about harboring a parasite.  No matter how cute it's going to be when it comes out. 

And, now, as the yawning begins... maybe all I needed to do was clear my mind.  I really should write this stuff down more often. I'm really getting terrible about writing. 

Another wondering thought of mine... I wonder if I'll write more now that Jeremy's going out to sea, soon.  The lack of adult conversation might spur it on.  Who knows.  But it would be nice to leave some funny life stories for Lydia and Ruby to read twenty years from now. 

As it is.  G'night.  I'm headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment