Friday, December 02, 2011

Where's the Easy Button?

Holy Mother of all things good, please grant me just an OUNCE of your patience and grace.

We have a birthday part to attend tomorrow.  Tuesday, Kyra and I made the little girl a dress.  Out of the scraps for the dress, we were going to make a baby doll dress, today.

This morning (Okay, fine, it's still morning.  20 minutes ago) I heard Kyra get up and entertain herself quietly.  I heard her make herself breakfast.  I heard Lydia get up and they entertained themselves quietly some more.  What I didn't know was that while Lydia was entertaining herself with coloring, Kyra was hacking up the scraps for the doll dress in an effort to "help" me make it.

SHE HACKED UP THE USABLE SCRAPS.  TO HELP.

I know, I get it.  She was trying to help and was very proud of herself until I started asking in a hysterical voice, What did you do? What did you doooo???

While I was actually proud of myself for not yelling, because inside my head I was SCREAMING, my reaction still crushed any pride Kyra once had.  And I'm fairly torn with this.

This isn't the first time Kyra has picked up a piece of scrap I was intending to create into something and hacked it up.  In fact.... THIS IS THE THIRD TIME.  And, since I can only assume 3 is the magic number lately, she might, you know, QUIT IT!

On the other hand, the last thing I want to do is squash her creative streak.  The other two times I didn't get hysterical and spoke nothing more then a, I was planning something for that fabric so please use your manners and ask permission next time.  I will gladly find something for you. 

The thing is, there is no point in the dress for the birthday girl without the matching dress for her baby doll.  The birthday girl eats, sleeps and breathes all things baby.  To the point they dress alike.  SHE DRESSES LIKE HER BABY DOLL.  Her baby doll that, by sheer luck, still has a skirt for a dress but has no top.

GAHHHH!

Well, what can I do?  What's done is done. 

I can't figure out a way to fix it without making seams where seams don't need to be.  If I had the skills of the Sewing Diva I learned this trick from, it would be no problem.  But I don't.  I have the sewing skills of a novice.  An easily flustered novice, at that.

Its times like this I miss Facebook.  A quick picture with caption and people smarter then I would chime in where needed.

As it is, maybe while cleaning my house an idea will come.  Maybe.  Still, GAHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment