Saturday, April 30, 2011

Best Advice Ever

"Willing isn't the same as doing or praying."

And it's probably dead on right.  Because if I'd-a-just prayed, I still would have been oblivious that the SIL read my blog.

Live and learn, right?

Doesn't change my feelings.  Only proved them further.

I did learn, though, that if you use the phrase "conniving bunch" in a tongue and cheek manner, it will not be taken as such.  It will be taken as This family is a bunch of lying, cheaters and thieves which is not where I was trying to go with that. But that's the thing with tongue and cheek, it can be misunderstood.  And I frequently take that risk in my writing. 

All I can do now is hope that the people hurt know that it was not meant to be a rude or ugly statement, just a poorly placed one.  And now I'll move on with my life.

If a certain someone doesn't chew me up and spit me out like she promised.  Eww.

But I should really Shut. Up. before the Huz accuses me of poking the badger with a stick again.  At least he snickered through his frustration when I replied, I'm sorry!  I was unaware the badger read my blog!

See.  Tongue and cheek.  Some people get it.  Some people hate me.

3 comments:

  1. "Tongue and cheek"? Wtf...do you mean "tongue in cheek"? Ah, that's probably why they misunderstood you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was unaware the badger read my blog!" That's priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine who has a much bigger blog than mine warned me about a similar situation. She said, "you never know who will read your blog or how they will take it"...good advice, indeed.

    ReplyDelete