Friday, December 17, 2010

When A Sticker is Better Than A Hug

Yesterday I had a rough day.  Kyra, always trying to make sure those around her have a smile, picked out a sticker just for me.  She stuck it to my arm and said "This is so you don't forget I love you."  She rubbed my back for a second then started to hop up and down while singing Jingle Bells

It never ceases to amaze me that the same child who can frustrate me to no end is the same child I wouldn't trade for the most precious jewel in the world.

And that, is really cool.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! It completely amazing me that I can be on the verge of walking about of the room and one second later I can't put him down! Hopefully I will be productive this weekend and you guys will get your christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L- Sorry! Kids, the simplest things they do are always the sweetest.

    D- Don't worry if it gets past you this year. I'm struggling for the first time just to finish the simplest of tasks (like mailing and addressing cards).

    ReplyDelete