Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Yesterday morning, as we were driving Kyra up to her first soccer practice, Jer said he had wanted to take me to breakfast but didn't think about Kyra's soccer. We could go early today, though, before church.

Instead...

For mother's day I got to get up at 4 o'clock this morning to feed Lydia and then again at 7 when both the girls were bright eyed and bushy tailed. I fed them both breakfast and then worked on the dishes from last night.

Jer dragged himself out of bed shortly before 9, presented me with a sparkly pair of new ear rings.

I then started to vacuum the entire house while Jer would either walk random circles around the house like he forgot something or perched next to the window enjoying the beauty of the day.

Then I started picking up the living room and sometime in my huffing back and forth Jer was clued in that something was not right. When he told me that it was Mother's Day and I'm not supposed to do chores I harshly told him that it would be nice if he'd do something once in a while without having to be asked like he was one of the children.

So he cleaned the bathrooms.

Clean bathrooms and diamond earrings. It could have been better, like 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep or a breakfast I didn't have to make, but it could have been worse too, my bathrooms would still be dirty.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. soccer practice? is it time to buy a mini van, soccer mom? heeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am soo super stoked kyra is playing soccer i cant wait to tell eric

    ReplyDelete