The rules in this game of tag are simple -- once you have been tagged, you must write a blog with ten weird, random things, little known facts or habits about yourself. At the end choose at least 10 people to be tagged, list their names and why you chose them. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you've been tagged' and tell them to read your latest blog.
I was tagged for this particular meme over on MySpace several days ago and I'm just now getting around to doing it because, well, I couldn't think of anything to write about, until now.
10 random things about myself that all of you may not know:
1) I was a cheerleader from the ages of 6-18. Cheering was my life. Because of this, I was an in shape kind of girl with a killer little cheerleader ass, er, that's how one of my boyfriends described it at the time.
2) I lifted weights competitively for about 6 months in high school. I probably would have kept it up except that I was invited to my first competition on a Saturday morning and slept in late. I missed it and in my insecure mind I was so embarrassed to talk to my coach and fearing he'd say I disappointed him (which was completely crazy) that I never returned to lifting competitively again.
3) After high school I left home to go away to college. I didn't have a car so my mode of transportation was either the city bus system or my own two feet. More often then not, I skated anywhere and everywhere I needed to be. I averaged it out a few years ago and found I skated 15-20 miles a day. Along with my killer ass, I had a wash board stomach and fantastic legs.
4) I got my first car in late 2001, all modes of exercising was out the window. I have always exercised through activities not for the sake of "exercising". Jumping jacks are not my forte, neither is running down the block or doing crunches.
5) I have some awesome genes because I eat the worst food ever and I'm quite surprised I haven't lost any teeth with all the sweets I eat. (see post below) I have never been overweight. Even after I had Kyra and was certain the doctors forgot to remover Kyra's other siblings out of my ass and thighs, I had no problem loosing the weight while still not exercising. Seriously, I know, I'm freaking lucky.
6) Even though I still wear the same size and weigh the same amount I did in high school, my butt has drooped several inches and my thighs now jiggle when I walk. I know, I'm hot.
7) I signed up for the gym yesterday, with no help form the rest of you... well, except for Jennifer who first scolded me on my eating habits then told me to go to the gym. Thanks, Jennifer!
8) I think whoever invented the elliptical machine should be shot. Good gosh did my legs hurt. I thought I was going to die after 10 minutes. Lucky for me, just at that moment, I could hear Kyra screaming at the top of her lungs "Mumma!!!" Even from the nursery she apparently knew I needed a break.
9) I love the treadmill. If I need to run, I run. If I feel like walking for the next hour, I walk. And, best of all, I wasn't dieing after 10 minutes. Oh, and the old lady next to me was reading a book as she walked. I think I may need to try that next time.
10) One of my goals is to get back in shape, to get my perky rear back, make my legs jiggle less and have this done before the boat comes home. Another is to have an activity for me. And most of all, I want to be so freaking hot when Jeremy sees me on the pier he's going to want me then and there... and not because he hasn't got any in several months.
Now, the task of tagging people... since I was tagged on MySpace, I will in turn tag some of my "peeps" over there as well as some bloggers. Heather, Lindsey, CJ, Erin, Jennifer, Erica, Joelle, Lisa, Melinda, and Erica (myspace).
Finally I pose some questions to you. Do you exercise? If yes, how do you exercise? And, what is your motivation for exercising?